High Temp. Nextel Braided Ceramic and XS Silica SleevingNextel Braided Ceramic Very High Temperature and XS Silica Sleeving
Please add to cart to keep it or exit the configuration
- All XC4 sleeving (NEXTEL 440) is "Pink" in color
- Six Sizes
- 1/16", 1/8", 3/16", 3/8", 1/4", 1/2" Nominal Inside Diameter
- Low Thermal Conductivity
- NEXTEL sleeving NOT FOR EXPORT. Use XS (silica material)
- XC Series: 1200°C (2200°F ) Continuous Rating - Nextel 312
- XC Series: 1425°C (2600°F) Short Term Rating - Nextel 312
- XC4 Series: 1375°C (2500°F) Continuous Rating - Nextel 440
- XC4 Series: 1550°C (2800°F) Short Term Rating - Nextel 440
Edit OptionsView all models
Not all combinations are valid. Options compatible with previous selections will be in bold.
*Highlighted options are not compatible. Please select a different combination.
Nextel 312 is an Alumina-Borica-Silica fiber that is braided without the aid of organic, glass or metal inserts. This sleeving retains strength and flexibility at continuous exposure to 1200°C (2200°F). Short exposures to 1425°C (2600°F) can be tolerated. Most common metals (except molten copper and tin) do not attack the fibers.
Because Nextel 312 Ceramic Fibers contain no residual acids or chlorides, there are no chemicals present to corrode or etch the wires. Even in a test involving exposure to 96 percent relative humidity, no noticeable electrolytic corrosion was detected.
Not recommended for use in abrasive environments without the protection of Inconel® overbraiding or a thermowell.
Nextel material is also used to insulate fuel cell interconnect wire see part number XTW-XT-NN-24 for fuel cell application details.
This material is intended for industrial applications only. In addition, Omega does not recommend this material for food, cosmetic, medical, or pharmaceutical use.
XC Nextel sleeving is NOT FOR EXPORT and is sold for USA use Only. Please consider using XS (silica material) as a substitute outside of the USA or consult OMEGA's Temperature Engineering Department.